The number of different electronic devices and operating systems is extensive and confusing. The big top dogs offer hardware in the form of cell phones, computers, tablet PCs, and the appropriate operating system for controlling the devices. Often these then form closed systems on which third-party software often cannot be used without detours.
The instruments of the manufacturer Apple enjoy great popularity with its well-known devices iPhone, iPad, Mac – to name just a few. Apple was also known for providing its software very exclusively for its devices. The iCloud program is an exception here. It can be used on all devices, and iCloud for Windows 10 is particularly easy to set up.
Table of Contents
What Is ICloud, And What Can I Use It For?
iCloud is the name of Apple’s in-house cloud service. The term cloud comes from English and means something like “cloud.” In a figurative sense, it is used to describe the possibility of storing your digital data not locally on your cell phone or computer but in the network, i.e., “in the clouds.” Data then means, for example, photos, videos, or text files. This data is then decentralized in data centers that are distributed all over the world.
Various companies offer such cloud services, and iCloud is accordingly the name of the service provided by Apple. This makes it possible to save a device’s data, such as the iPhone, in the iCloud and then access it immediately from the iPad. I no longer have to transfer the data from one device to the other laboriously.
Can I Also Use ICloud On Other Devices?
So far, many users have remained in the belief that Apple programs are designed exclusively for the related Apple products and can only be used on them. This is also the case for some Apple programs. But it’s different with iCloud. Fortunately, iCloud can also be used on all other devices without any problems.
This also applies to systems that use Windows as their operating system. Since Windows is the most common operating system, this fact is interesting for many users. Installing and using iCloud for Windows 10 is particularly easy. We want to explain in detail what needs to be considered and how it works.
How Can The ICloud Service Be Set Up On A Windows PC?
The following requirements must be met to use iCloud for Windows 10:
- You have installed the latest version of Windows 10 on your computer.
- The software on your device is also up-to-date (the latest versions can be found on the respective manufacturer’s website).
- You have a current Apple ID, and you have your password in mind.
- You have an internet connection.
If these points are met, nothing can go wrong.
If all the requirements are met, you can easily use iCloud for Windows 10 with the following procedure:
- Download iCloud for Windows from the Microsoft Store . iCloud is available as an app and is free of charge. A certain amount of storage space is also accessible and already integrated into the offer.
- After iCloud for Windows has been loaded on the computer, you can start it.
- Sign in with your Apple ID.
- iCloud for Windows is now active, and you can choose which devices you want to connect via iCloud. To do this, check the corresponding device and click on apply.
- The corresponding folders are created by iCloud in File Explorer. There you can access the data. Data that you save in these folders are also available on the other linked devices simultaneously.
- Take advantage of iCloud for Windows on all linked devices.
Windows users can also benefit from the advantages of an iCloud. It is so easy to download and install that you should try it out!