This article will teach you how to convert iPhone pictures from data-saving HEIC files to JPG files.
The HEIC image format ensures that the images on the iPhone take up less storage space with the same quality. The problem: HEIC files cannot be opened on PCs. So if you want to download your photos to your PC and view or edit them there, it may be necessary to convert them to JPG format beforehand. Find out what options you have in this article.
Convert HEIC files while transferring from iPhone to PC
Follow our step-by-step instructions or take a look at the quick start guide.
- Step 1: First, open the settings of your iPhone.
- 2nd step: Then navigate to the menu item ” Photos “.
- 3rd step: Scroll down to the ” Transfer to Mac or PC ” menu item and select ” Automatic “. Your iPhone photos will now be automatically converted to JPG when you transfer them.
Convert HEIC images to JPG online
Suppose you have received an image in HEIC format and cannot open it, online converters such as convertio. co can help. Follow our step-by-step instructions or take a look at the quick start guide.
- Step 1: Go to the convertio.co website . Now click on the ” Choose files ” button.
- 2nd step: Select the desired photo files and click on the three-dot menu or click on ” convert all to “if there are several images. Select the ” JPEG ” format under ” Image “.
- 3rd step: Wait for your files to upload. You can then convert them to JPG by clicking on ” Convert “.
- 4th step: As soon as the conversion is complete, you can download your files to your PC via ” Download ” and open them there without any problems.
Convert HEIC images to JPG using external software
If you don’t want to upload the data to a website for conversion, you can also use software such as iMazing HEIC Converter. Follow our step-by-step instructions or take a look at the quick start guide.
- Step 1: Install and open the iMazing HEIC Converter program.
- 2nd step: Drag and drop your photos into the area provided in the program.
- 3rd step: If not present, select the output format to ” JPEG “. With the slider below, you can adjust the photo quality.
- 4th step: Now click on ” Convert ” to convert your photos to JPG. You can save your JPG photos anywhere on your PC.
Quick guide: convert while transferring from iPhone to PC
- Open the settings of your iPhone.
- Tap on the menu item ” Photos “.
- Now scroll down to the point ” Transfer to Mac or PC “.
- Choose ” Automatic “.
- Your pictures are automatically converted to JPG when they are transferred to your PC.
Quick guide: convert online
- Open the convertio.co website .
- Click on ” Choose files ” and select the images to convert.
- Then go to the drop-down menu and select the ” JPEG ” format. You can also select other formats such as BMP or TIFF.
- Then click the ” Convert ” button.
- Finally, go to ” Download ” to download the converted image.
Quick guide: Convert with external software
- Install and open the iMazing HEIC converter program.
- Drag and drop the desired image files into the area provided in the program.
- The JPEG format is selected by default; use the slider below to adjust the desired conversion quality.
- Now click on ” Convert ” and save the converted files in the desired location.