Android browser is one of the important applications and mostly used in mobile devices. To know about this link ( content://com.android.browser.home/ ) and set the default browser is equally important for the users. If you are an Android phone user you might face many problems to change the browser if it is automatically set to one particular internet browser.
Most of the Android mobiles have Google Chrome as the default browser. In some cases, the mobile manufacturer might automatically set you the default browser which might hinder your experience. Suppose let’s take an example if you are a Redmi mobile user you might be automatically set to Mi Browser hinder your experience as it might be providing the branding information which you might like.
If you are wondering what might be the solution to change the internet browser to your favourite one to enjoy the experience then you have come to the right place. Here in this article, we explain to you how to set up the default browser in android mobile and PC/Laptop. Yeah, Let’s Start!
What Is content://com.android.browser.home/
With the help of this link content://com.android.browser.home/ we can set the default homepages in the browsers. There are many internet browsers available such as google chrome, firefox browser, opera’s browser, dolphin browser etc.
Each one has a unique and has different methods to set the default homepage. If you are to experience the features of your favourite browser there are some hidden secrets you have to unlock to set the default homepage.
In most of the devices, you can set the default browser by following steps.
- In the first step just open the default internet browser app.
- Click on the menu button which will be on the top-right side of the screen.
- Click on the menu. Go to ‘Settings’. then swipe down sub-menu. Then you can clearly see the ‘Android Browser Settings’ option and click on it.
- Now open ‘General’ settings.
- Last but not least you should, click on the ‘Set Homepage.’
- Now enter your desired URL which you like to set as the default page or simply choose the blank page option.
In some cases you cant find the option because the manufacturer of the mobile may hide it. If that is the case we will explain you another alternative option. Open the site that you wish to set as your homepage
- Click on the ‘menu button’
- Bookmark the Page
- Again click on the ‘menu button’
- Now go to Bookmarks/History
- Find the particular site you saved in bookmarks, just tap and hold it.
- From the menu, you choose ‘Set as Homepage.
How To Change The Default Web Browser In Android Mobile
If you are using the web browser that is made by the manufacturer then you are missing the great features of many web browsers which are available in Google play store. The best web browsers like Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Opera etc are available at no cost.
You can choose your favourite web browser by just following these simple steps.
- Click on the ‘Settings’ option from your smartphone.
- Swipe down until you the option similar to Apps & Notifications. Then click on it and you can see the apps which were there in your mobile.
- Click on the “Default apps”. Then look for the browser app and tap on it.
- In the final step, you can see the number of browser applications (chrome, firefox, opera, safari etc.) that are available on your mobile. From the list, you can choose your favourite browser.
How To Choose The Google Chrome In Your Android Mobile?
If you are looking to set Google Chrome as your browser in your android mobile, then here are the simple steps to follow to Launch Google Chrome in your device.
- First Open Google Chrome. On the top right corner, you can find Customize and control Google Chrome (Three Dotted Option). Then click on it.
- You can find the ‘Settings Option’, then click on it.
- In the Basics category, there will be an option called ‘Home page’. Click on it.
- Then you can clearly see the Toggle button. Eventually ‘ON’ the toggle button.
- Search Chrome://flags/ in the browser; ( it is an experimental page with warning instructions.)
- In search bar type ‘Force Enable Home Page’ and then enable it.
- Again repeat the Step1 and Step2 procedure to check the home page option again.
- Now you should Click ‘Open This Page’ then you can paste or type the URL and save it.
- Refresh it and open the Google Chrome, and you can clearly notice the home page setting has been successfully completed.
How To Choose The Mozilla Firefox In Your Android Mobile?
Follow these mentioned steps to set up your Mozilla Firefox browser on your android phone:
- Open Mozilla browser on your android device
- Click on the three-dot option on the top right corner of the screen.
- Now go to ‘Settings’ and choose the General option.
- Now click on ‘Home’ (it refers to customising your homepage) and set a Homepage
- After Clicking on Set A Homepage option you can clearly see two options. One is ‘Firefox Home’ and the other is ‘Custom’.
- All you have to do is tap on ‘Custom’ and paste the URL or type it.
- In the final step click on ok and close the browser. When you open the browser again you will clearly notice the home page setting has been successfully completed.
Which Is The Best Android Browser I Can Choose?
There are many android browsers that are available with different features and makes the user experience quite incredible. Out of all the browsers, Google Chrome stands as the best android browser. Here are the few android browsers and their important features.
- Google chrome offers a desktop syncing feature.
- It offers the privacy feature like incognito.
- It blocks the Ads
- Google chrome has the data saver functionality and built-in password manager feature.
- By providing all these features it is called as the best android browser.
- If you are not a chrome user then firefox browser acts as the power full alternative.
- Firefox offers a desktop syncing feature.
- It offers the privacy feature like private browsing and tracking protection.
- It has the robust extension support and Ad’s blocking feature with the help of extensions
- Opera browser is fast and also the best for saving data
- Opera offers a desktop syncing feature
- It offers the privacy feature like built-in VPN
- It also has the ad-blocking feature
There are numerous web browsers with different features that are available on the internet and on play store that you can download for free.
So, rather than worrying about content://com.android.browser.home/ all you have to do is to find the best, a secure and fast web browser which will enhance your browsing experience instead of sticking to the browser (ex: Samsung browser or Mi browser) which limits your surfing experience. Finally, we hope this article is really helpful in choosing the best android browser.