If you did not create a Samsung account when you first set up your smartphone, read here how to make one afterwards.
If you own a Samsung smartphone, you will be asked to create a Samsung account when you first set up Android. Most users skip this step, as the benefits of such an account are not immediately apparent to everyone. We have summarized the essential features of a Samsung account and show you how to create an account afterwards.
What features does a Samsung account offer?
As the owner of a Samsung account, you have access to various Samsung services, including the separate ” Galaxy Store ” app store. This offers you discounted or partly free apps – but the selection of apps is much smaller than that of the Google counterpart. Furthermore, membership with Samsung is free for the time being, but there may be costs for some services, such as expanding your own Samsung cloud or purchasing apps. So you get several useful features, but in the same breath, you trust Samsung. To make it easier for you to choose whether the advantages of a Samsung account outweigh the benefits for you, we have put together an overview of the essential features:
- Additional app store “Galaxy Store”: You can find special offers for apps or some free apps. The “Galaxy Essentials” tab contains apps and offers that are specially designed for your Samsung smartphone.
- Samsung cloud: You can also set up a cloud with 15 GB of storage to save your photos and videos. In addition, you can also synchronize your contacts and calendar.
- Find My Mobile: This function is equivalent to ” Find My iPhone” on Android for Samsung devices. Find My Mobile can help you locate your phone in case you misplaced or lost it. You can also use this feature to remotely lock your cell phone, make the phone ring and even set a number to forward calls to your lost cell phone.
- Samsung Health: The app is a free application used to track various aspects of daily life, such as physical activity, diet or sleep.
Also Read: Samsung Galaxy M31s Price In India
How to Create a Samsung Account
You have two options for setting up a Samsung account. During the initial setup or afterwards via the Android options. Since the steps are the same, we explain step-by-step and in the quick guide how you can set up a Samsung account after that. When setting up for the first time, users who want to create a Samsung account will get started with step 3.
- Step 1: Open Settings and tap Accounts & Backup . On older Android versions, the option is called ” Cloud and Accounts “.
- Step 2: Now follow the menu path ” Accounts “> ” Add Account ” and then tap on ” Samsung Account “.
- Step 3: Under the login field, tap Create Account.
- Step 4: Read the terms and conditions, the special provisions and the information on the use of your data. If you agree, tick the relevant requirements. Then tap on ” Next “.
- Step 5: Enter an existing email address, a secure password, your first and last name and your date of birth. Optionally, you can accept that you want to receive marketing information. Then tap on ” Create “.
- Step 6: Check your inbox at the specified email address and click ” Start ” in the confirmation email to finalize the creation of the Samsung account. You have successfully created your Samsung account and can use it on your smartphone and other devices. The additional features such as the Galaxy Store or Samsung Health can then be found as apps on your smartphone. In addition, the “Find My Mobile” function is automatically activated after creating a Samsung account.
Quick start Guide
- Open the settings and navigate to the following menu path: ” Accounts and Backup “> ” Accounts “> ” Add Account “> ” Samsung Account “. On older Android versions, the option is called ” Cloud and Accounts “.
- Tap on ” Create Account “.
- Read the terms and conditions and other legal conditions and place a checkmark to confirm the target. Then tap on ” Next “.
- Enter your email address, a secure password, first and last name and date of birth. Then tap on ” Create “.
- Check your inbox and follow the link to verify your Samsung account.